Mirth Community

Mirth Community (http://www.mirthcorp.com/community/forums/index.php)
-   Support (http://www.mirthcorp.com/community/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Mirth 3.2 - Connection / ACK issues (http://www.mirthcorp.com/community/forums/showthread.php?t=13426)

mcanalld 03-10-2015 03:35 PM

Mirth 3.2 - Connection / ACK issues

OS - Linux version 2.6.23.17-88.fc7 (mockbuild@xenbuilder2.fedora.redhat.com)
Java - 1.7.0_75
Mirth Connect - 3.2
Database - psql (PostgreSQL) 8.3.11

Channel Source is setup as:
TCP Listener
All interfaces
Port: 6677 (tried other ports same issue)
Source Queue - On
Response - Auto-generate
Transmission - MMLP
Frame - <VT>{message}<FS><CR>
Mode - Server

Recently upgraded one of our servers from 2.1.1 to 3.2.Been having some very odd issues with TCP Listeners / MMLP. When I deploy channels I'm able to telnet to the ip/port (on a different PC). However Mirth does not show any connections and running - "lsof -n | grep {port}" shows as Listening, but nothing connected. Rebooting the entire server sometimes gets the channels working however once I do a redeploy it instantly breaks. I ended up having to revert back to Mirth 2.1.1 using java 1.6 and works fine.

I also ran - "tcpdump -nn port {port}" then connected via telnet and it shows the connection happening. Again, Mirth shows no connection nor does running "lsof".

When actually trying to send an hl7 message to that channel, from another mirth server, the sending mirth gets timeout waiting for ack, nothing ever received.

I'm so confused what could be happening......

ricber 03-10-2015 04:06 PM

Mcanalld,

I upgraded from 2.2 without this kind of issues, do you have any kind of firewall activated?. Did you tried to connect from same server?, Did you checked your channel config?. Finally, could you maintain Mirth 2.1 version and just upgrade to java 1.7?. Some issues derived from this upgrade due to java security issues.

HTH,

Ricard Bernat

mcanalld 03-10-2015 04:26 PM

All iptables (firewalls), IPV4 and IPV6 are disabled. I also disabled IPV6 on network card just because I've seen other odd issues, not Mirth related.

I have not tried connecting locally to see what result is, but I will. Odd part is, I can connect it just doesn't think it's connected. I originally thought maybe an OS issue (Fedora 7 a bit out dated, and maybe still is) but why when 2.1.1 is installed it works fine? I have mirth 3.2 on other boxes an no issues at all. They are running CentOS 6.4 tho.

Mirth 2.1.1 is not java 1.7 supported. I'd need to upgrade to 2.2, which may be possible. I also need to move from 2.1.1 to something higher because I have other 3.2 servers running which requite java 1.7 for client. And java 1.7 for 2.1.1 client doesn't work well (test connection is broken, and channel stats refresh breaks).

mcanalld 03-10-2015 09:17 PM

Gets even better. If I set channel to deploy in "Stopped" state, then Start it, it works fine. If I deploy in "Started" state a good chance it won't work but if I stop channel then start it, works fine.

ricber 03-12-2015 04:48 PM

Hi mcanalld,

how many network interfaces got this server?. Did you found some solution about?.

Ricard Bernat

mcanalld 03-12-2015 06:05 PM

No, never got it to work properly. Just has a loopback interface and 1 nic using eth0. I've triple checked everything when it comes to network and don't see any issues. I'll be replacing the server early next week with with new hardware and newer OS.

I'm still trying to fix it when I get bored. I have both mirth 2.1.1 and 3.2 running on same box right now. 2.1.1 has all the production channels. I also installed java 8 and have 3.2 using that but didn't fix issue.

narupley 03-13-2015 08:46 AM

Does it only happen with the TCP Listener? What about with another source connector type like the HTTP Listener?

mcanalld 03-16-2015 11:39 AM

TCP - Basic
TCP - MLLP

Are both affected. I assumed that'd be the case.

I setup an HTTP listener that just replies back with all channel statistics in xml format and it works fine. That surprisingly worked, even with multiple channel redeployments which typically break tcp channels.