Queuing messages on purpose - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 03-07-2018, 08:55 AM
OBX.1 Kenobi

rkMC is on a distinguished road
Question Queuing messages on purpose

I'm using Mirth Connect 3.5.1
All of my input is TCP/IP with HL7 messages
My output for all destinations will be HTTPS URL.

I want to queue all messages to collect approximately 2 months of production data. The downstream system will not be available. I have 3 questions:
1. Does the queuing of messages work the same for HTTPS connections as it does for TCP/IP?
2. Do I just set each destination to Always Queue?
3. How do I start the flow of the messages once the downstream system is up and ready to connect?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:34 AM
OBX.3 Kenobi

aTom is on a distinguished road

Hi,

Not sure I understand it right : are all incoming messages sent to same HTTPS destination?

Anyway I would highly recommend to store the messages outside from your Mirth installation instead of queue them for such a long time.

Do you have an idea how many messages you would have to queue? What is the database used?

Even if you have enough disk space, having that many messages in queue DB's size would increase drammatically and may have a performance impact. And you should consider that you may loose all messages queued from Day 1 if you have a server/db crash during that time.

What I would recommend is to separate your channel flow in 2 :

- Write incoming messages as files in a directory (aka your queuing location).
- Create a channel that will poll from that directory and will send messages to your HTTPS destination ; make sure your channel's initial state is stopped or the channel is disabled so that it won't start automatically, and set accurate option to read files in order, i.e. file date/time.
- Once the HTTPS destination is back, start this channel and let all messages stored in that directory be sent - during that time you'll continue to receive messages that will be stored in your directory, and be read later in the right order
- Once you're done with the backlong, you have 2 choices : if your HTTPS destination may go down for a long period in a near future, you may consider letting it run that way in 2 parts ; otherwise you may switch your first destination from file to HTTPS.
Old 03-07-2018, 11:27 AM
OBX.1 Kenobi

rkMC is on a distinguished road

Thanks. I'll have to work this out with the client. This is a start up situation and the destination will be coming up slower than the source.

How do I control the polling from the folders to be able to assure that all files are handled in the proper order? I will have 4 channels that will have numerous HTTPS connections. They are based on the data types and the location that the source sent the message from.

I think I can handle the setup for the polling channels as long as the order is kept intact.
Old 03-07-2018, 01:24 PM
Mirth Guru

agermano is on a distinguished road

The file reader has a "sort file by" selection box near the bottom where you can select Date (which appears to be the default anyway.) It will be based on modification date, oldest first.