web stats
Mirth Channel Queuing on the source - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 09-27-2019, 06:09 AM
What's HL7?

bees2cute is on a distinguished road
Default Mirth Channel Queuing on the source

I have an interface where messages are queuing on the source. The only way I've been successful at clearing the queue is to either stop the channel and restart the channel or undeploy and redeploy the channel.

I have to stop/restart the channel or undeploy /redeploy many times to get the messages to clear the queue. Sometimes you can restart the channel and hundreds of messages process and other time one or two messages will prociess.

Sometime the channel runs fine for days without queuing up.

The source configuration on the channel is provided with a picture.

The Mirth version I am using is 3.6.1.
Attached Images
File Type: png Soruce Configuration.png (13.8 KB, 5 views)
Old 09-27-2019, 08:05 AM
Mirth Guru

agermano is on a distinguished road

Is there a reason you have your queue buffer set so high? That is the number of queued message the channel will hold in memory before fetching more from the database. New channels default to 1000. It sometimes need to be lowered if you are dealing with really big messages.

When the channel stops processing what is going on? Is it stuck on a particular message that won't finish? When you stop and restart your channel do you have to halt it? How many destinations do you have? Do any of them use destination queuing?
Old 09-27-2019, 08:18 AM
What's HL7?

I am unsure of reason why the developers decided to have such a high buffer size. I can change the buffer size to 1000.

When the channel stops processing, it just stops. There isn't an error in the Mirth logs. I have my logged set to Debug. I do have to stop the channel and then halt the channel. Once I start the channel again messages start to process without any issues. I originally thought it was a bad message but it does not appear to be the case. With this specific channel there are nine destinations. Only one destination queues but only on failure.

I have the ability to turn off the destination with the queues on failure and after the channel restarts messages process from the source. However, I need to have this destination on to process a specific integration.
Old 09-27-2019, 10:41 AM
Mirth Guru

agermano is on a distinguished road

It sounds like something is hanging with one of your destinations since you have to halt it. Your single source thread has to wait for all destinations to finish before it can move on to the next message. If a destination sends a message to a queue that destination is considered finished (it has a QUEUED response,) and a separate thread will process messages from the destination queue. If your queuing destination sent to queue always, you could be reasonably sure that it wasn't causing the channel to hang. As things are, it could be any of them.

Check the message browser the next time it gets stuck and try to find the last message that processed successfully and see if anything is going on with the one after it. Check received and response timestamps. See if any of the destinations are grayed out and italicized.
Old 09-30-2019, 07:06 AM
What's HL7?

Thank you Agermano for your help and time.