web stats
How is "Send a Message" being used? - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 10-24-2012, 08:51 AM
Mirth Newb

jasonhuang is on a distinguished road
Default How is "Send a Message" being used?

Hello,

I built a channel that reads an xml from a local directory and then converts it to HL7 and send to a server. This works well if I build and place an xml file and put it in my local directory.

However, I just found that there is an option of "send a message" when you right click on the channel. Then you see the window to allow you place an actual message in it. I copied and paste an xml message into this window, then click on "Process Message". I kind of expect this xml message will be sent through the source and to the destination. However, it instead gave me the following error:

[2012-10-24 11:46:05,858] ERROR (com.mirth.connect.server.util.VMRouter:88): Unable to route: /opt/mirthconnect/appdata/queuestore/078c8cfd-a95b-45d1-b2dc-afb404ef46aa/1008__ec048906-1df1-11e2-ac62-ff89fc1afad5.msg (No such file or directory)

Does anyone know why I am getting such an error? How should this "send a message" option be used correctly? Do I need to set up source or destination in a particular way in order to allow me using this "send a message" feature?

thanks!

Jason

Last edited by jasonhuang; 10-24-2012 at 08:55 AM.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:04 AM
Mirth Guru

upstart33 is on a distinguished road

From the error message, it looks like Mirth is having trouble with the message and trying to Queue it, but failing because the folder it is trying to store the message in a folder that does not exist.

I am not sure how it works with XML files, but I usually use the Send Message option on a channel when I am working with HL7 messages. I would just copy and paste the message and the channel would process it.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:05 AM
Mirth Newb

could you share what type of source / destination setting you are using? In my case, the source is a file reader and the destination is a LLP sender. I guess we can forget about all the xml details. thanks.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:08 AM
Mirth Guru

When I use the send message, I am usually using a LLP -> LLP channel or a LLP -> Database Writer. I think the fact that you are using a File Reader as your Source might be the issue when trying to use the Send Message feature.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:13 AM
Mirth Employee

narupley is on a distinguished road

Basically, anything that happens in the File Reader is before the channel actually receives any messages (id est before the preprocessor). So if anything special is happening (like batching), that will not occur when you use the Send Message dialog (which basically just sends a message directly to the preprocessor of the channel).

I wouldn't think that the error you're seeing has anything to do with the Send Message dialog per se, but who knows... Can you post your channel here?

Nicholas Rupley
Work: 949-237-6069
Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:46 AM
Mirth Newb

I've changed the source to a LLP listener but still get the same error when I copy/past the following xml message and click on "process message":

<RegisterPt>
<PatientIdentifier>2051</PatientIdentifier>
<LastName>Test</LastName>
<FirstName>Three</FirstName>
<DatetimeOfBirth>19611121</DatetimeOfBirth>
<Sex>M</Sex>
<SSN>999991111</SSN>
</RegisterPt>

I've attached my channel and hopefully someone can help to figure out why the "send a message" feature doesn't work for me...

thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: xml XMLtoHL7toVistA.xml (14.9 KB, 8 views)
Old 10-24-2012, 10:50 AM
Mirth Guru

Try putting this at the top of the XML message before you send it:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
Old 10-24-2012, 10:56 AM
Mirth Newb

Looking at the error again: "Unable to route: /opt/mirthconnect/appdata/queuestore/078c8cfd-a95b-45d1-b2dc-afb404ef46aa/1008__ec048906-1df1-11e2-ac62-ff89fc1afad5.msg (No such file or directory)"

This kind of complains about not being able to create the msg file. I checked my installation and then change the permission of the Mirth specific folder to allow Mirth to write file in that directory. Now it works..

Thanks all.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:09 PM
What's HL7?

bcg237 is on a distinguished road

I really do appreciate you coming back here and stating what the problem was. You just saved me a day here, Jason.

Tags
channel, send message, sender, xml to hl7