web stats
Changes to Server Settings not being saved - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 12-30-2015, 08:05 AM
OBX.1 Kenobi

jridderhoff is on a distinguished road
Question Changes to Server Settings not being saved

We're running an install of Mirth Connect v3.2.2.7694. For some reason, we cannot seem to make any changes to the Settings > Server tab from within the UI.

For example, if I change the Server name property and click Save, then click back to the Dashboard, I briefly see the name I entered as the name of the server in the application's title bar. However, if I click back to the Settings screen again, Server name is blank and the application title bar goes back to just the host name/port.

This same behavior is seen for other values on the Settings page as well, e.g. changing the Send Timeout for Email appears to change until you leave the page and come back to find it's reverted to the old value.

This happens no matter how many times I try, and can be reproduced no matter how many times I close the application & re-run it.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
Old 12-31-2015, 05:54 AM
Mirth Guru

kirbykn2 is on a distinguished road

Have you tried clearing your java cache? --> Java Control Panel --> Settings --> Delete Files

Kirby

Mirth Certified|Epic Bridges Certified|Cloverleaf Level 2 Certified

Appliance Version 3.11.4
Mirth Connect Version 3.8.0
Java Version 1.6.0_45-b06
Java (64 bit) Version 1.6.0_45-b06
Java 7 (64 bit) Version 1.7.0_151-b15
Java 8 (64 bit) Version 1.8.0_181-b13
PostgreSQL Version 9.6.8
Old 12-31-2015, 08:58 AM
OBX.1 Kenobi

Thanks for the reply, Kirby. I was pretty sure I had, but I tried it again for good measure and got a weird reaction: after clearing the cache, upon re-launching the app, I seem to now be able to get SOME changes to the Server settings to stick (e.g. I was able to change the Send Timeout setting).

However, the Server name property still won't hold. I can enter it, Save the changes, and either Refresh the view (under the Server Tasks menu) or click away from the Settings page & come back, the Server name is blank again.

Really baffling. Even more strange is when I look at the 'configuration' table in the database (we're using PostgreSQL): rather than having a single row for each config param, I see numerous copies of each. For example, if I select from the 'configuration' table where name = 'smtp.timeout', I get back 18 rows, with all the variations of changes I've tried while attempting to troubleshoot.

Even more odd, when I look at the 'server.name' property rows, instead of having a 'category' of 'core', they all have a category of 'core.<Server ID>'. Not sure if that's working as intended or not, but it feels suspicious considering all of the other properties are just listed as 'core', and the Server name now seems to be the only one not working.

Then again, it also seems weird that it would be keeping old copies of every version of every property in the 'configuration' table as well, considering that I don't see anything there to indicate which of the umpteen copies of the property is the current one.
Old 12-31-2015, 09:10 AM
Mirth Guru

Hmm, what version of Java are you running on your desktop?

Kirby

Appliance Version 3.11.4
PostgreSQL Version 9.6.8
Old 12-31-2015, 09:12 AM
OBX.1 Kenobi

I'm running Java 8 (64-bit) 1.8.0_66-b18
Old 12-31-2015, 09:13 AM
Mirth Guru

I had weird issues with Java 8 on 3.2. I don't remember what they say is supported, but if roll back to Java 7 that may fix your problem.

Kirby

Appliance Version 3.11.4
PostgreSQL Version 9.6.8
Old 12-31-2015, 09:58 AM
OBX.1 Kenobi

No joy there, either. I uninstalled Java 8 & installed Java 7 (u79), then re-launched the admin console & tried changing the Server name again... still exactly the same behavior.

I'm further convinced this is a server-specific issue (rather than a Java issue) since we're also running a 3.2.2 install on our test environment, and we haven't had any problems with it -- just our production environment's server.

The only thing different with them is that we had to move the mirthdb database from one PostgreSQL server to another due to server consolidation & upgrades. When we did that, we fully stopped mcservice, backed up the mirthdb database, restored the mirthdb database into a new server, updated mirth.properties to point to the mirthdb database on the new server, then restarted mcservice. Everything else has been working fine (channels are running great & messages are processing fine, we're able to make changes to channels and deploy/undeploy them fine, etc.)... it's just these UI-configurable Server settings that are acting weird (including the fact that it seems to be duplicating all of the param rows in the 'configuration' table, which is not happening on the test environment: where 'configuration' in prod has almost 300 rows, 'configuration' in test has only 24 and no params have duplicate rows).

I'm fairly stumped.