web stats
File Reader processing files, but not acting like it is - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-08-2015, 12:31 PM
ohollarens ohollarens is offline
Mirth Newb
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 15
ohollarens is on a distinguished road
Question File Reader processing files, but not acting like it is

Hey there,

I'm using a channel which reads files from a directory, processes them, then sends them to an MLLP destination. When it's done processing each file, it moves them to a folder called "Processed."

This has worked for a while in the past, but I'm now seeing some strange behavior. When the files are placed into the source directory, they're picked up and moved into the Processed directory as if they've successfully run through the channel, but looking at the dashboard, the statistics don't change. None of the messages are actually sent to the destination, either. Looking at the message history in the channel, it also acts as if it hasn't done anything. So the only thing that seems to be happening is that the files are run through the source connector. It's set to Production level message/metadata storage, so they should definitely show up there, right?

This behavior has been really consistent and I'm not sure how else to troubleshoot it. It could have something to do with permissions, but wouldn't I get some indication if that were the case? Any reason why a channel would move messages as if they've been processed, but not be aware that it had processed anything?

I'm on Mirth version 3.2.1.7650. I'll attach the channel XML as well, plus the Source connector export because for some reason it isn't included in the channel XML.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: xml MirthForum-LosReader.xml (20.5 KB, 14 views)
File Type: xml MirthForum-LoSSource.xml (5.3 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by ohollarens; 05-08-2015 at 01:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 05-08-2015, 03:59 PM
wayneh wayneh is offline
OBX.3 Kenobi
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 102
wayneh is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
I'll attach the channel XML as well, plus the Source connector export because for some reason it isn't included in the channel XML.
That sounds a little weird. Can you try importing the connector back into your channel and seeing if that makes a difference. If not then try creating a new channel with the same source connector settings and see if it makes a difference.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-11-2015, 09:40 AM
ohollarens ohollarens is offline
Mirth Newb
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 15
ohollarens is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneh View Post
That sounds a little weird. Can you try importing the connector back into your channel and seeing if that makes a difference. If not then try creating a new channel with the same source connector settings and see if it makes a difference.
I was pretty confused by that, too. Importing the source connector didn't seem to work, so I can try recreating the channel and see if that makes any difference.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-11-2015, 04:14 PM
ohollarens ohollarens is offline
Mirth Newb
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 15
ohollarens is on a distinguished road
Default

So I've solved the issue and I wanted to give a follow-up for anybody who comes across this issue in the future.

I used to manually grab CSV files from an SFTP folder and then place the files into this channel's file reader directory. This channel would then read in the CSV file and batch process it, considering each newline as its own record.

However, I recently created a helper channel to automatically go to the SFTP folder and grab the message out, then save them in the folder which this channel watches.

After a lot of troubleshooting, I eventually realized that the issue was that the helper channel was messing with the line break characters. Instead of properly terminating each line with an LF, it just had a CR. When the main channel went to process each file, it never found an LF character to split the record, so as far as it knew, there were no messages to send. This was happening because the helper channel was set to an HL7 data type instead of the Delimited Text data type. After fixing the data types, everything's working as expected.

Hope that helps somebody out there.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
file reader, process file, source connector

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Mirth Corporation