web stats
Failed to launch mirthconnect admin - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 05-27-2014, 12:25 PM
What's HL7?

zikal is on a distinguished road
Default Failed to launch mirthconnect admin

Hello,
(yes, newbie). Just starting exploring mirth...

I Did the installation on ubuntu 14.04. Things went well and was able to launch the admin interface. After reboot, I encountered 2 issues:

1- No longer able to go beyond the "webstart" window where there is that green button that says "Launch mirth connect administrator". (I used to have that same windows split in 2 with another green button that says "access secure site". Now, only the "launch mirth connect administrator" that shows up"). So, when I click on the "launch mirth connect administrator", I get the following message:

HTTP ERROR: 503
Problem accessing /webstart.jnlp. Reason:
Service Unavailable

2- When I used the webstart.jnlp file, the login prompt pops up, I put my default username/pwd, but I get the following error message in return:

There was an error connecting to the server at the specified address. Please verify that the server is up and running.

Question:
Any idea about the complete list of services that needs to be up and running in order not to get those error messages? Or is it a completely different problem.

Your help is much appreciated!
Cheers,
Old 05-28-2014, 04:26 AM

StefanScholte is on a distinguished road

If your rebooted your system
the mirth service probably isn't running

you need to start it
Old 05-28-2014, 06:38 AM
What's HL7?

zikal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanScholte View Post
If your rebooted your system
the mirth service probably isn't running

you need to start it
Thanks for the prompt response! It worked. Here is what happened:

Started mcservice, it didn't work in the beginning (only the "launch mirth connect administrator" green button that shows up, although I did multiple refreshes), and the service status indicates that it is active (!). On the other hand, the webstart.jnlp login screen fails to log me in; same error message:"There was an error connecting to the server at the specified address. Please verify that the server is up and running".

How it worked then? I just rebooted the machine after having linked mcservice to /etc/rc2.d (not sure if this last step is what made the problem solved) or simply was it because mcservice status wasn't really running although it says "deamon is running" and there was a need to start the service during the machine boot process...
Old 01-06-2016, 08:55 AM
Mirth Newb

curt is on a distinguished road
Default Mirth 3.2.1 Connect: Failed to connect to admin

Started with a running installation of Connect 3.2.1 and Java 7 on Windows Server 2012. On reboot of server with Windows updates cant log in to admin.

When you Launch Administrator and enter credentials you get the message: There was an error connecting to the server at the specified address. Please verify that the server is up and running.

When you restart Mirth Connect the Mirth icon in the system tray displays: The Mirth Connect service could not be started.

Mirth Connect is running but I can not log in.

I have updated to Java 8, turn off TSL1.2 in properties, added environment variable EXEC4J_JAVA_HOME for java path.

Mirth Connect error log is clean.

I have review the various threads on this issue and cant find anything else to do to fix this.

Any suggestions,
Thanks
Old 01-06-2016, 09:42 AM
Mirth Employee

narupley is on a distinguished road

Is the mcservice process running at all? As a test, try running mcserver.exe directly from the installation directory, and see if any errors appear.

Nicholas Rupley
Work: 949-237-6069
Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.
Old 01-06-2016, 10:04 AM
Mirth Newb

Yes, when I ran it from the install directory is complained that Mirth: http.port port is already in use :8080
Same for :8443
Old 01-06-2016, 10:17 AM
Mirth Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt View Post
Yes, when I ran it from the install directory is complained that Mirth: http.port port is already in use :8080
Same for :8443
That would indicate that the process is already running, though I'm not sure how it got into that state if the Windows service says that it's stopped. Find the process and kill it, and try again.

Nicholas Rupley
Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.
Old 01-06-2016, 10:24 AM
Mirth Newb

Found it in task manager along with mcmanager.exe. Ended task mcserver.exe. Then double clicked on mcserver.exe in install folder. Same error messages.

Mirth Connect is running processing transactions, i just can't log into it.
Old 01-06-2016, 11:01 AM
Mirth Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt View Post
Found it in task manager along with mcmanager.exe. Ended task mcserver.exe. Then double clicked on mcserver.exe in install folder. Same error messages.

Mirth Connect is running processing transactions, i just can't log into it.
Did you somehow start up multiple instances of MC? Or, do you have anything else on the box that is listening on those ports already? 8080 and 8443 are common for Apache Tomcat for example.

Nicholas Rupley

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.
Old 01-06-2016, 11:38 AM
Mirth Newb

This machine is setup to just run Mirth Connect and it has for successfully for quite some time.

Missed an instance of mcservice.exe down in background processes; ended it.

How when I double click on mcservice.exe in install folder the command window pops up clean. No Errors, no messages.

With no instance listed Task manager, I used Connect Server Manager to start Mirth Connect Service and saw the same error message pop up in the system tray and I can't log in. I then ended the background task in the task manager.

Now what should I do.

Tags
mirthconnect, server