web stats
Continue after NACK - Mirth Community

Go Back   Mirth Community > Mirth Connect > Support

Old 10-15-2014, 09:23 AM
Mirth Newb

mastone
Default Continue after NACK

Using version 3.0.2.7140.
I have a TCP sender set to Queue always and Rotate =false so messages will be delivered in order. The top message retries until successful in the event connection outage etc.

When the receiver returns a NACK (AR) I'd like to put the message in Error and continue with the rest of the queue.

Any advice on how to enable this behaviour or an alternate approach?

Thanks
Old 10-15-2014, 12:44 PM
Mirth Employee

narupley is on a distinguished road

That already will happen with a default TCP Sender. If your response inbound data type is HL7 v2.x and "Process HL7 ACK" is enabled ("Validate Response" in 3.1), then NACKs will automatically be errored out and not be put back in the queue.

Nicholas Rupley
Work: 949-237-6069
Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.
Old 12-13-2014, 06:36 PM
Mirth Newb

mastone

Would it be possible to only continue on an AR but keep retrying on AE. In my case when the destination DB is down it returns an AE until it comes back up.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:30 AM
Mirth Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastone View Post
Would it be possible to only continue on an AR but keep retrying on AE. In my case when the destination DB is down it returns an AE until it comes back up.
Yes, that's very easy with a response transformer:

Code:
if (/[CA]E/.test(msg.MSA['MSA.1']['MSA.1.1'])) {
	responseStatus = QUEUED;
}

Nicholas Rupley
Always include what Mirth Connect version you're working with. Also include (if applicable) the code you're using and full stacktraces for errors (use CODE tags). Posting your entire channel is helpful as well; make sure to scrub any PHI/passwords first.

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.
Old 01-05-2016, 10:56 AM
OBX.2 Kenobi

lueckep is on a distinguished road

Nick ... I'm stealing this for a channel but wanted to ask. Your regex syntax there is saying to match on either CA or EA, is that right? I've never seen a CA response so I just wanted to make sure it's not some funky regex thing I don't know about. I'm not having any luck googling it...
Old 01-05-2016, 11:09 AM
Mirth Employee

Quote:
Originally Posted by lueckep View Post
Nick ... I'm stealing this for a channel but wanted to ask. Your regex syntax there is saying to match on either CA or EA, is that right? I've never seen a CA response so I just wanted to make sure it's not some funky regex thing I don't know about. I'm not having any luck googling it...
That particular regex matches on CE or AE, meaning "Commit Error" or "Application Error", the former being for the "enhanced" acknowledgement mode. If you have the specifications handy, it's detailed in section 2.14.8.

Nicholas Rupley

- How do I foo?
- You just bar.